Who we are
EdCast is an AI-powered knowledge cloud for unified discovery, knowledge management, and personalized learning. Our award-winning Learning Experience Platform (LXP) is used globally by Fortune 500 companies and government organizations to solve the discovery, curation and recommendation problems of content fragmentation across external, internal, and tacit knowledge sources. In addition to the LXP, our company’s solutions include SalesU sales enablement suite, GuideMe’s multi-language in-app content authoring tools and Leapest By EdCast Corporate Learning Marketplace.
Our mission is to democratize learning. Often called the “Netflix of Learning” our goal is to provide frictionless access to knowledge for our enterprise and association customers making learning “the way we work”. By doing so, our goal is to help upskill the globe to meet the demands of a rapidly changing digital world in the 4th Industrial Revolution.
The headquarters of EdCast is located in Mountain View California, in the heart of Silicon Valley. EdCast’s Knowledge Cloud has surpassed two million paid users across numerous Global 2000 enterprises. We are excited that in December 2018 we have closed an additional $33.6 million from investors including Softbank, REV Venture Partners, London Fund, Crescent Enterprises, and others. We appreciate the great investor support and look forward to expanding our efforts in meeting our customers’ needs and growing worldwide.
What the role is about
Leapest Corporate Learning Marketplace is looking to rapidly grow the offering and choice around its IT Training assets and resources. As a Business Development Director, you will focus on executive-level engagement with the most strategic prospective platform sellers, establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with them. You will be involved in the full cycle from identifying and engaging key accounts, setting up presentation to contract negotiations and closing large deals.
Which characteristics are we looking for in this role? You are a go-getter; focused and target-oriented. You feel the sense of urgency; you are hungry for success and never feel truly satisfied despite the number of deals you have closed! Ambition is your secret weapon. Is that you? In that case, keep reading because we would love to hear from you.
The role will be based either in our office in Rotterdam, The Netherlands or at our Headquarter in Mountain View, CA.
As a Business Development Director, your core tasks and responsibilities include:
- Build and nurture strategic and long term global partnerships with training content publishers, training/learning groups at software vendors, framework owners, training providers and help them understand the value that Leapest marketplace brings to their business
- Develop and manage a robust, active and relevant prospect pipeline, maintaining a funnel of business opportunities, working closely with senior management at EdCast and Leapest teams.
- Use evangelization and consultative sales approach with several touch points throughout the sales process to the close
- Help build EdCast brand and strengthen the Leapest marketplace
Who you are & The skills we are after:
- Proven relationship builder and deal negotiator, able to influence leaders, and drive growth
- 10+ years of experience in business development. Strong preference for candidates with experience in IT training industry and a strong network in the software sector
- Excellent communication and strong presentation skills in English
- Able to work under pressure, to prioritize multiple tasks and not afraid of beating deadlines whilst maintaining strong attention to details
- Independent: you do not need hand-holding to get things done and you do not allow a brick wall to stop you from reaching the resolution for a problem
- Curious, positive, dynamic and passionate, with the drive to win
What do we offer?
An opportunity to get ahead in your career by building a great and exciting portfolio that helps others get ahead in theirs. You will be joining a truly passionate and multicultural team willing to make a difference and positively disrupt the way learning is done within organizations.
We believe in lifelong learning. We believe we can create abundant opportunities for workforce learning and upskilling within the organization ecosystems. We have the spark, the ambition, the drive and the passion of making an impact in the world.
Sounds like you? Apply now!
If you like the energy, feel the chemistry and the role sounds like a good fit, we would love to hear from you. Send us your details and do not forget to attach your CV. If you want to go the extra-mile surprise us with a stand out motivation letter.
Note that only applications in English will be accepted.