Who we are
EdCast is an AI-powered knowledge cloud for unified discovery, knowledge management, and personalized learning. Our award-winning Learning Experience Platform (LXP) is used globally by Fortune 500 companies and government organizations to solve the discovery, curation and recommendation problems of content fragmentation across external, internal, and tacit knowledge sources. In addition to the LXP, our company’s solutions include SalesU sales enablement suite, GuideMe’s multi-language in-app content authoring tools and Leapest By EdCast Corporate Learning Marketplace.
The headquarters of EdCast is located in Mountain View, California, in the heart of Silicon Valley, with growing offices in Rotterdam and Mumbai. We are excited that in December 2018 we have closed an additional $33.6 million from investors including Softbank, REV Venture Partners, London Fund, Crescent Enterprises, and others.
Often called the “Netflix of Learning” our mission is to democratize learning and to provide frictionless access to knowledge for our enterprise and association customers making learning “the way we work”. Our goal is to help upskill the globe to meet the demands of a rapidly changing digital world in the 4th Industrial Revolution.
What the role is about
We are looking for a Finance Administrator ready to take on the responsibility of organizing and owning all the accounting administration tasks for our EdCast branch in Europe. This is a unique opportunity to actively contribute and be part of scaling-up our Finance Department, alongside with our company. We expect you to enhance and level up processes, structures and team performance. In order to do so, you have to be extremely passionate, energetic, curious and not afraid to go the extra mile.
Are you ready to accept this challenge? Do you want to be part of a successful scaling-up global company? Are you hungry for making the difference? In that case, keep reading! This is the opportunity to give a step further in your career.
As a Finance Administrator, your core tasks and responsibilities include:
- Manage day-to-day finance tasks, including bank reconciliation, vendors invoices and payments, monthly tax declaration, debtor/creditor management, other financial/office administration tasks
- Perform month-end closing
- Perform yearly audit
- Perform control tasks
- Perform Tax relevant tasks
- Treasury management
- Implement and improve procedures in the Financial Department
- Assist managers with other financial related tasks/projects when needed
Who you are & The skills we are after:
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar financial function
- You have a Bachelor degree in the field of Accounting or Business Administration
- Excellent accounting skills
- Excel guru
- Knowledge of the Dutch tax laws and regulations, and hungry for keeping that knowledge up-to-date
- An obsession for accuracy
- Not afraid of beating deadlines
- A curious and flexible mind, comfortable in approaching business owners, developers and customer support
- Proactive and Independent: you are able to get things done without a need for hand-holding and you push through the brick walls in order to reach the resolution for a problem
- Strive for growth continuously changing and challenging international environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and preferably also in Dutch.
And for some extra points:
- Knowledge of SAP or similar ERP systems
- Knowledge of IFRS
What do we offer?
An opportunity to get ahead in your career by being part of a scaling-up Silicon Valley company growing its business in the EU. It is a massive opportunity to bring your ideas, your knowledge and to make a real impact within an environment that is open and challenging. You will be joining a truly passionate and multicultural team willing to make a difference and positively disrupt the way learning is done within organizations. We believe in lifelong learning.
We believe we can create abundant opportunities for workforce learning and upskilling within the organization ecosystems. We have the spark, the ambition, the drive and the passion of making an impact in the world.
Last but not least, we offer a competitive salary package and stock option plan.
Sounds like you? Apply now!
If you feel the chemistry and the Finance Administrator role sounds like a good fit, in terms of your skills and ambitions, we would love to hear from you. Send us your details and do not forget to attach your CV.
Note that only applications in English will be accepted.