Who we are & What the role is about
We are a bunch of passionate people working in a Silicon Valley startup. We put all we have in what we do. We dream big, but we keep our feet on the ground; focused and conscious of the steps we need to take in order to succeed. If we fail, we learn from it; we stand up and always find a way to contribute to our ultimate goal: create abundant opportunities for workforce learning and upskilling within the organization ecosystems.
As our Financial Accountant, you will become the owner of all the accounting administration tasks. Full of passionate, energy, curiosity and willingness to learn, we expect you to rock – being accurate and accomplishing the tasks on time. This is a unique opportunity to play an active role in enhancing and bringing to another level the team performance, processes and structures. You will report to our Financial Controller.
Are you ready to accept the challenge? Are you ready to be part of a fast-growing international company? Do you want to feel you can make the difference? In that case, keep reading! This is the chance of enhancing your career.
As a Financial Accountant, your core tasks and responsibilities include:
- Manage day-to-day finance tasks, including bank reconciliation, vendors invoices and payments, monthly tax declaration, debtor/creditor management, other financial/office administration tasks
- Perform month-end closing
- Perform yearly audit
- Perform control tasks
- Perform Tax relevant tasks
- Treasury management
- Implement and improve procedures in the Financial Department
- Assist managers with other financial related tasks/projects when needed
Who you are & The skills we are after:
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar financial function
- You have an HBO degree in the field of Accounting or Business Administration
- Excellent accounting skills
- An obsession for accuracy and you are not afraid of beating deadlines
- Knowledge of the Dutch tax laws and regulations, while hungry for keeping that knowledge up-to-date
- Excel guru
- A curious and flexible mind, comfortable in approaching business owners, developers and customer support, proactively seeking information about the latest developments in our marketplace
- Independent: you do not need hand-holding to get things done and you do not allow a brick wall to stop you in reaching the resolution for a problem
- The ambition of growing in a continuously changing and challenging international environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and, preferable, also in Ducth
And for some extra points:
- Knowledge of SAP or similar ERP systems
- Knowledge of IFRS
What do we offer?
A welcoming international, young, vibrant and talented team. You will be exposed to a great work environment, where ambition, creativity, commitment and collaboration are the mottos driving us. Since we are scaling up, we have a long way ahead of us – with many challenges but also many opportunities. This obviously also implies that your growth prospects – both at a professional and a personal level – are tremendous.
We offer a competitive salary package and stock option plan.
Sounds like you? Apply now!
If you felt the chemistry and the Financial Accountant role sounds like a good fit, in terms of your skills and ambitions, we would love to hear from you. Send us your details and do not forget to attach your CV.
Note that only applications in English will be accepted.