Who are we?
Leapest is a B2B technology enabled marketplace with an integrated learning delivery platform for the professional training industry. Besides enabling transactions between buyers and sellers, Leapest also creates online communities to create interaction between various actors to improve the usage of training content and other components procured on Leapest. And by offering an integrated, state-of-the art learning delivery capabilities, it creates value for both training content providers as well as training companies and corporates, and their learners.
Leapest is looking for an enthusiastic and passionate System Engineer willing to ensure the stability and integrity of all Leapest system infrastructure internally, as well as providing advanced technical support, lead, coordinate and drive the resolution of any issue faced by customers. The System Engineer role entails a unique combination of technical skills, linked to a customer centric mindset and a genuine hunger to help, both internally and externally.
If this is the mission you have been waiting for, accept the challenge; roll-up your sleeves and apply!
What you will do
- Monitor performance and fault management tools, auditing access to systems, taking actions to improve performance and stability
- Deploy, upgrade, patch and tune the application delivery and security systems
- Develop custom scripts for the automation of certain operational tasks and service monitoring
- Deliver high quality technical solutions to both priority support issues and longer term operational projects
- Perform UAT testing
- Provide remote technical support to customers, responding to their queries related with the usage of the platform
- Provide incident and problem resolution across the Leapest Platform, ensuring predefined Service Level Agreement (SLA) are met
- Perform root cause analysis of reported issues, identify patterns among issues reported and proactively coming up with suggestions and approaches to improve Leapest functionalities in areas of stability and performance accordingly
- Participate in projects for changing existing or implementing new functionality or application
- Ensure customers are always delighted by providing a world class support to them
Who you are
- You hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or in a similar field
- You have at least 3 years of hands-on experience as a System Engineer in a fast-paced environment with cloud infrastructure
- You are open to work remotely and in shifts due to our global user base
- You have a natural passion for customer needs
- You strive in startup environments and you are willing to go the extra mile and inspire people
- You are independent: you do not need hand-holding to get things done and you do not allow a brick wall to stop you in reaching the resolution for a problem
- You are agile, able to adapt quickly to changes and stress-resistant
- You recognize you do not know everything, but you are willing to learn anything, particularly new technologies
- You have excellent communication skills and you are fluent in English (written and verbal)
The skills we are after
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to think creatively when troubleshooting – good knowledge of JAVA and at ease reading, understanding and debugging JAVA code – In summary you are a troubleshooting guru
- Experience using ticketing software and working with cross functional support teams, product owners, scrum teams etc.
- Prior DevOps experience and knowledge of Scrum
- Ability to correlate various log files, events, etc in order to reach the root cause of the issues quickly and correctly
- Technical expertise on ERP systems (for example SAP) and e-commerce environments is a great plus
- Understand and have experience with MySQL, NoSQL and/or MS SQL databases
- Strong Knowledge of Web Technologies/Protocols (HTTP Protocol, SSL Protocol, SSH, WebSockets among others)
- Good knowledge with build automation systems like Jenkins
- Strong understanding of Amazon Web Services particularly about S3, IAM, EC2, Route 53, Networking, Virtual Private Clouds, Amazon Beanstalk, Lambda, API Gateway, Good knowledge of Cloudwatch, RDS, CloudFormation,CloudFront, Certificate Manager
- Network knowledge and exposure to server clusters
What do we offer?
A welcoming international, young, vibrant and talented team. You will be exposed to a great work environment, where ambition, creativity, commitment and collaboration are the mottos driving us. Since we are a very young company, we have a long way ahead of us – with many challenges but also many opportunities. This obviously also implies that your growth prospects – both at a professional and a personal level – are tremendous.
We also offer regular social activities/gatherings, bringing our team even closer together and a competitive salary.
Learn more about Leapest
To learn more about Leapest and how we are a game-changing eCommerce solution, check out our LinkedIn page and our career website (http://bit.ly/workingatleapest). It will also give you a taste of our culture and allow you to get to know our inspiring team.
For more information about the position or the nature of work feel free to write to: email@example.com.
Sound like you? Apply now!